- I will not text or place phone calls between ___:____p.m. and ___:____a.m.
- I will send no more than ______ texts per day.
- I will not exceed my allotted monthly minutes or text message limits.
- I will charge my phone in an open space and not in my room.
- I will answer my phone when my parent calls.
- I will not download/subscribe to anything on my phone without parental permission.
- I will not disable any parental controls on my phone.
- I will tell my parents when I receive inappropriate texts or sexts.
- I will tell my parents if I am being harassed by someone on my cell phone.
- I will not harass or bully anyone with my cell phone.
- I will not use my cell phone to arrange meetings with anyone my parents don’t know.
- I will not send threatening or mean texts to others.
- I will not take or send embarrassing photos of myself, my family or my friends.
- I will not share photos with other people without their permission.
- I will not text messages about people in a way that hurts their reputation.
- I will not forward a hurtful message or picture sent to me about someone else.
- I will not bring my cellphone anywhere that my parents prohibit its use, like the family dinner table.
- I will not be rude to others by talking or texting in public places where cell phone use is not allowed or is inappropriate, like in a church or a library.
- I will follow all school rules about cell phone use.
The following are reasonable consequences if any of the above rules are broken.
- I understand that having a cell phone is a privilege that can be taken away.
- I understand this agreement will help me to demonstrate responsible behavior.
- I understand my parents reward good behavior with more freedom.
- I understand there are consequences for breaking this agreement.
- I will answer any questions my child has about owning a cell phone.
- I will periodically revisit these rules as my child gets older and technology evolves.
- I will not take away my child’s cell phone if he [or she] comes to me regarding inappropriate content received from someone else.
Child’s Signature: ____________________________ Today’s Date: _______
Parent’s Signature: ___________________________ Today’s Date: _______