This weekend Pastor John Dickerson shared his farewell message with us. He will be starting his new role as Senior Pastor at Connection Pointe Church just outside of Indianapolis, Indiana. He shared his heart with us about the depth and wonder of what God gives us on a daily basis. He taught us about how to regain our calm and perspective when we are overwhelmed or sense we are losing perspective. The answer to restoring perspective comes by recounting God's precise provisions.
- What is your favorite part of Thanksgiving and why?
- What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?
Read Psalm 103 together. Have each person read a few verses as you pore over this passage.
- Spend a minute recounting some of God's specific provisions in your life. Share some of these together.
Read Psalm 103: 2, 3a, 10, and 12. These verses remind us that God forgives our mistakes and does not treat us as our sins deserve.
- Take a moment and individually think of mistakes in your life where you didn't receive what you deserved (either from God or from others in your life). Write down a few of these and recount these specific provisions of forgiveness.
- God heals us physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Share about a time when you have experienced His healing in your life.
Pick one or two of the following ways that God provides for us and discuss them as a group:
- He redeems and crowns us (Ps. 103:4)
- He satisfies us (Ps. 103:5)
- He delivers justice for the oppressed (Ps. 103:6)
- He makes known his acts of faithfulness (Ps. 103:7)
- He is merciful and gracious (Ps. 103:8-9)
- He is compassionate and patient (Ps. 103:13-14)
- He loves us with a love that is higher than the heavens (Ps. 103:11, 17-18)
LIVE IT OUT
- Spend a moment in personal reflection. Which of these precise provisions are you most thankful for today? Why? share this with your group if you feel comfortable doing so.
- What would it look like for you to live in a spirit of thankfulness this week?
- Make sure to thank God for his precise provisions in your life.
- Share other requests and encourage each other.