WEEKEND BUZZ PHOTOGRAPHER
We’re looking for a photographer with a heart for people to capture the energy and faces of our weekend services for use on social media. We want to show the smiling faces of our congregation, feature and honor our dedicated volunteers, capture the heart and passion of our worship, and more for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter - showing the outside community what Venture is really like. Responsibilities will include: taking fun pictures around campus during services; selecting, photographing, and (briefly) interviewing 1-2 volunteers per weekend; capturing key moments during our worship services (powerful moment during the music, sharable quote and shot of the teaching pastor, etc.); and selecting the best of the images taken during the weekend and either posting them directly through our social media publishing tool, or delivering the materials to the Creative Team for them to post.
No camera gear is required (Venture can provide if needed), just a good eye and a little experience coupled, a very basic familiarity with social media, and a heart for the people in our congregation.
Time Commitment: Minimum of 1 service per weekend. If multiple people volunteer for this position, we’d love to establish a rotation so the burden isn’t on any one person.
The service producer is responsible for the feel and flow of the service. This especially manifests in the visual aesthetics and transitions of service elements.
Rehearsal & Run-Through
- Check ProPresenter slides for completeness, accuracy, and song backgrounds; Place musicians and vocalists aesthetically on stage
- Lead production meeting
- Work through all transitions during run-through
- Assure that musicians, lights, audio, and video teams are ready for all service elements
- Answer any questions or judgment calls that arise during run-through
- Call all transitions, titles, slides, etc. for production team
- Track times on Planning Center Live
- Communicate any “audibles” to appropriate team members
- Coordinate with worship leader, teaching pastor, and any others to determine any changes or improvements for upcoming services
- Determine “live” or “video” message for next service and communicate to all parties
- Attention to detail
- Strong leadership & communication
- Technical and aesthetic knowledge
- Familiarity with typical service flow
- The hours would include 1pm through end of service on Saturdays, and 6:30am through end of last service on Sundays
- Serve as often or as infrequently as preferred.