All services are now in the newly renovated Worship Center!
Be reminded that nothing at Venture happens without you. We are the church together as we are equipped to do works of service, being built up in unity and maturity (Ephesians 4). The impact of your leadership in your Life Group cannot be overstated! People are cared for, encouraged, and built up in ever-increasing ways.
If your group is open for people to join make sure you pay attention to Texts/Emails and respond within 48 hours.
We can’t wait to hear how your Life Groups are going, and we are eager to continue together to be part of God’s work here in San Jose.
Week #3 – October 23rd/24th
1. Icebreaker – Share a high and a low from your week with us.
a. Share something good that happened this last week and something challenging that happened.
2. Read Deuteronomy 10:12-13.
a. What does this verse tell us about God?
b. How have you experienced the goodness of God’s commands?
3. Read Romans 8:28-30
a. According to these verses, how does God define “good”?
i. Verse 29 gives a good clue.
4. The “good” in Romans 8:28 is the refining of our character into being more like Christ. Think about those around you and share how you have observed them becoming more like Christ.
a. Take time to encourage one another and build each other up by celebrating the good things God is accomplishing in those around you. How have you seen them become more Christlike?
5. When was the last time your idea of Good and God’s idea of good collided?
a. How did God lead you through that challenge?
6. Read 1 Timothy 3:12-13
a. This verse talks about the difficulty of following Christ. How have you experienced the difficulty of following Christ lately?
b. How can you rejoice in this difficulty or persecution?
7. Split up into groups of 2-3 and pray for each other.