Current Discussion GUide
You Do It – Mark 6:45-52
- Ice breaker- share a high (good moment or success) or low (challenge) from your week.
- Read Mark 6:6b-13 together
- What did Jesus instruct the disciples to do?
- What power did Jesus give them? Could they have done their assigned task without this power? Why or why not?
- What assignments have you been given that seemed beyond your ability to complete? How did God show up for you?
- What did the disciples accomplish during this time of ministry?
- Read Mark 6:30-31
- Imagine the stories they told as they returned to Jesus and shared all that had been accomplished!! Take a moment and share amongst yourselves the successes and spiritual accomplishments that have occurred lately.
- In verse 31, what are Jesus and the disciples trying to do? Why?
- What stands out to you from mark 6:32-44?
- Read Mark 6:45-52 together
- What do you think Jesus is trying to teach the disciples about Himself? (Verse 52 gives insight into this)
- What has Jesus taught you lately about Himself? What was it in your life that led you to be ready to learn that?
- Read Mark 6:53-56 together
- What do these verses tell us about mankind?
- When you think of the sick and hurting… who do you know who comes to your mind? Make a list and spend time in your prayer time for them
- Pray together
- Pray for those who are sick and hurting
- Share prayer requests and pray for each other